Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stones


So, here I am horizontal and whining cause there is nothing I can do from this position when my husband comes in to give me a wake up call..He is right.  Part of the reason, and only part, whether some people believe it or not is that it was my health that was one of the deciding factors and the other factor was something altogether different and  the family (not all but some) doesn't get.  But that's his story, not mine to tell but here's what the wake up call was about.  "Honey, when we were in the states what would you do if you were passing stones on both sides?"
Truth is I would have dragged my miserable butt into the office and felt so sick I could weep but didn't have any choice cause I would want the office to succeed for one more week, why? Cause that's what needed to be done.
I've been riddled with kidney stones for years.  After going to more doctor appointments than my mother I've been told there isn't anything they can do for me. Not a thing....just keep myself hydrated and try to stay away from a list of possibilities..an endless list.
"Stars in the skies" said Doctor Lee, "if we take out all the stones you have no kidney"  I am already down one kidney due to all the scar tissue and the lack of use, I only have 59% use over all and can function for years on that but I am now allergic to every antibiotic known to man and so there isn't much more they could have done for me in the hospital. So I would have gone to work and worked through the pain cause I'm a "OOOHHHRRRAAAA" Marine where pain is good for you and it's a matter of mind over matter. Charlie would have been miserable the whole time I was there cause he would know I was in pain.  Instead I'm in bed....yeah, sure bored to tears but I am getting the rest I need and guess what....my husband is pushing the water down my throat every half hour and making sure I get the motrim to keep the fever down and keeping me company...things I wouldn't have had before.
Yes, there are reasons to coming to Belize....Have you done something lately cause you felt like you HAD to do it?  Are you tired of being a big fish in a tiny pond?

Lord, I am so grateful for all you have given me...even the stones..............

No comments:

Post a Comment