Friday, September 28, 2012

Chickens, beer delivery and water........


Did you ever wonder what ended the days of delivery?  I think I might have that one down....I've called Belikan  which not only makes beer but water and Coke products too and asked for a delivery.  I know they come out to the village to deliver and I've been wanting to have the big jugs of water delivered as well as some soda.  Not that we go through alot but enough to make it worth their while to have it delivered to us...Imagine not having an "address"  I am the 2nd to last road next to the lagoon and the beige colored house next to the peach house and the house with the bad man who went to prison on the other side....could you find me?  Yet the person I spoke to at Belikan said their delivery person could find us...Hmmm, well, it seems not yet.
That means one more day of going into Corozol or Orange Walk for me.  I want to make life easier so I am going to call Belikan one more time, maybe if I told them the yard with all the Roosters in it they would believe me?  And yes, it's not my imagination but I am having all kinds of chickens and roosters come through the yard, simply because the woman who owns them lives two doors down....and they like my rice? 
We decided that we would make lunch our big meal of the day since CJ does come home during the lunch time for 1 and a half hours and then we could make the house cooler at night by having no stove going on during the evening.  It makes sense to us, so after  CJ leaves to go back to school I do the dishes out side, the old campfire way with two basins and a drainer on a table that has a coconut grinder attached to it (it looks like war out there, I am telling ya!) and when I am done with the wash water I just throw it on the ground like everyone else here.  The chickens come running to see what particles of food were in the wash water.  Not exactly the best feed but at least it's clean, right?  Something to wonder about the next time I have chicken!The lagoon that we live near has croc's (or so I've been told) so I keep an eye out on the chickens, if they start running I know that I should too, how's that for liking a breed?

No comments:

Post a Comment